Hi! I’m Katie, but you can call me Katie Bug. Katie Bug is an old camp nickname from my beloved youth church camp, Camp Deer Run. Deer Run is where I met my soulmate, Dusty. Dusty and I got married in 2014. I got pregnant August of 2016 and our son, Maverick, surprised us all by arriving early at 29 weeks in February 2017. I had severe preeclampsia and had to deliver Maverick by emergency c-section. He only weighed 2lb 6oz when he was born. That’s 1077 grams for my British buddies. He was in the NICU for 2 months but it felt like a lifetime. He is a NICU graduate and thriving!
This blog is about me, my life, my son, my thoughts, opinions and experiences. I have a beautiful, wonderful life. Why not share it with the world?
A few more facts about me:
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from LeTourneau University.
- I have a Master’s degree in Marketing from Texas A&M University – Commerce.
- I hate vegetables.
- I am a Christian.
- I have a golden retriever named Lucy
- I enjoy sewing, quilting, and all things crafty
- I live in Paris… Texas… not the fancy one.